Saturday 7 July 2012

Back to Blogging

Well, havent been on here for some time now,  didnt feel like parchment for a while and have now gotten into sewing again,  been doing some quilting just to get my hand in again and will put some of the things (not a lot though) Ive done later but am now making other things and will be putting piccies of those on as well,

This is just being put on for me to get started.

Olympic year, only another 19 days to go, Cant get excited about it though as it will put a stop to me going to London and anywhere near London for a while, it will I suppose also alter all the tv programmes, I dont mind watching a bit but am not into sports to have to watch it all the time instead of some of my favourite programmes.  An excuse to do some more crafting I suppose.

I went and saw the Olympic torch rushing through our town yesterday, couldnt believe the amount of people that turned out,  must have been just over a mile up to our town of about 2/3 deep and then in our town about 10 deep right through the town which is quite long.  Made me feel good that we can put on a show if we need to.  There were a few grumbles as the traffic wasnt stopped for it so the little kids were in danger of getting run over as the road was getting narrower and narrower due to people in the road trying to see where the torch was.  Then there were a few VIPs that seemed to think standing in front of the barriers and so stopping peoples view was a good idea.  Still it was enjoyable to see the crowds even though all the pubs and coffee places were full up and we couldnt get a drink, good for business though.

Will add more later.

No comments:

Popular Posts